Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cress: Review(In which I rave)

13206828In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.



So, if you follow me on twitter, you probably know that I was lucky enough to get Cress. And I read it like it was my last few days on Earth(har, har). I read Cress in about 2 1/2 days, and the book itself is about 550 pages long. Do the math. I've been in a kind of reading rut for the past few months, where I can only read about a book a week-if that. So even though I know most bloggers can read way faster than me, I feel accomplished that I read Cress in a few days. I also feel miserable now that I finished it.


Cress jumped in right after Scarlet. The new character in this book is, of course, Cress. Cress is based off the retelling for Rapunzel. The twists to this retelling is that Cress was put into a satellite, not a tower(and she has some wicked tech-y skills). I loved, loved Cress. She was a brand new character and way more different then any other character Meyer has written in this series. She was innocent and naïve and shy. But that also allowed for Cress to have a lot more character growth throughout the rest of the series. In this book, she changed a bit, but not a whole lot, which I appreciate since Meyer's books needs to have a sweet, kind character. I am looking forward to seeing her change!

As some of probably already know...Captain Thorne is the love interest in this book.


Oh yes, ladies ;) I actually think Thorne drastically changed in Cress, due to a certain event. He was still a comedian, but he also became more serious.

What was one thing that made me sad? Definitely not much of Scarlet in this book. I think I was only in her viewpoint about 3-4 times in the whole book. SO, yes that disappointed me. And poor Wolf! If you have read the ARC already, you probably understand what I mean. Meyer, why you so mean?

However, I did get to see more of Cinder and Kai than I usually did-I got to see their feelings a bit more and how they handled their situations. Plus, a certain scene where I swooned alot.

Okay, I'll stop there, because my review is just going to be more crazy if I don't stop! Too many feels!

Overall, Cress was fantastic, thrilling, and action-packed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!