Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want to Read if I had a Book Club

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by Jaime at the Broke and the Bookish where you create a list of your top ten favorites of a given category.

This will be a tricky post for me, especially considering I don't actually share my thoughts about books besides, well, the internet. But I'm going to take a stab at it!

1.6665671
Mostly when I think of book clubs, I imagine there will be lots of discussion. And when it comes to discussions, I feel like contemporaries would be the easiest to discuss; everyone should be able to relate to it more or less. Please Ignore Vera Dietz deals with issues everyone would be able to relate to-betrayal, death, etc. Also, this would give the perfect opportunity to finally read this!

2.12665819
This is one I read before, but I would love to reread this with a book club. Another Little Piece is gripping and very edgy, and I have no doubt people would feel wildly different things about it after reading it. I would love to hear other's thoughts on it!

3.18528430
This book sounds so interesting and different! A town where lost things and people go? Umm, yes please! Again, I would be interested to know other's thoughts just based on reading the synopsis.

4.13360957
Another dark book by the sound of it, but I think it would be easy to bring up topics to talk about.

5.7514925
There's something about this book that just speaks book club to me(that's weird I know). Intriguing premise: check. Beautiful writing: check.

6.11983940
I'm just saying...I would be totally okay rereading this for a book club. The discussions would probably only consist of squealing, but that's fine.

7.11178225
I actually love talking about historical fiction books, because...I don't know...they're fun to talk about! I would more than likely join a book club if they were planning on reading this.

8.16045088
Again, dark tones. Dark things are interesting to talk about! Or is that only me...

9.12043771
I would be up to it.

10.11284898
Yes, yes, and yes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!