Saturday, January 31, 2015

What January Brought

So January was a pretty good month. It also seemed to have gone by way too fast!

Here's what I read:
Gilt by Katherine Longshore(I also reviewed it here if you're curious to know my thoughts!)
Tarnish by Katherine Longshore
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta(My first book by Marchetta and I was not disappointed!)
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley(This was my first graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. If all graphic novels will be this good, I have a feeling this will be just the first in a long line.)

Total pages read: 2,161

DNFs:
Brazen by Katherine Longshore(This was actually looking to be the best out of the trilogy, but I set it down because I was growing bored. I definitely plan on picking it up again, though.)
I'm not even going to list the rest, because I think I started up to ten books in the last few weeks of the month and nothing seemed to interest me. Just know there were alot.

Here's what I received:
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley(Bought via Amazon with a gift card)
The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas(Won from Ticket to Anywhere. Thank you, Gail!)
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh(There was much squealing involved! I won this from Sarah Nicole Lemon. Thanks again!)
Dark Star by Bethany Frenette(Bought via Amazon)
Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell(Bought via Amazon. I've been wanting to read this for some time, and I finally bought it!)

Here's what I watched:
I actually didn't watch any movies this month, but I have been watching a few TV shows.
The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2(This is proving to be an interesting season. I am eternally sad for CT. There's a few specific people I really hate, like always, but the good news is that I actually liked Jessica and Dustin alot more than last season.)
Heart to Heart(This kdrama has been bringing all the feels. It's a lot more sexier than most kdramas, so that may be part of it. But I also like that the main OTP have great chemistry together.)

Here's what I listened to:
Into the Woods(The whole soundtrack from the older play. I loved and obsessed over it the whole month. I, for one, am excited to see the movie.)
Lana Del Rey(I discovered her a few years back, and she remains one of my favorite artists. However, I hadn't been really listening to her, but I started listening to her new album this month. I am especially loving Brooklyn Baby and West Coast, but I do love her whole new album!)
Yelle(If you don't recognize her, I can believe why. She's a French artist I discovered last year, but this month I've been listening the heck out of her songs! I'm addicted!)






   

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning The Wrath and the Dawn! It looks amazing- I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!