Monday, May 20, 2013

Another Little Piece: Review "May Contain Spoilers"

Another Little PieceOn a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.

Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.



This book will either a hit or a miss for a person. For me, it was a huge hit. I have made a compiled list to determine whether this book will be a hit...or a miss. "This review will probably contain spoilers, since it is impossible for me to write a review without spoiling at least one thing."

1. Do you enjoy having absolutely no idea what is going on in a book? This book is confusing from the very first page. The book goes back and forth between Annaliese's( or Anna's) different lives( yeah, a bit of a spoiler there). Don't get me wrong, by the end of this book you will know about 90% of what just happened.



2. Do you like having about 3 different love interests in a book? I wouldn't say that there was a love triangle in this book, but there were 3 guys that liked her, but only one of them actually liked Anna. So, it was pretty clear how the romance would play out.

3. Do you like switching between multiple time periods? This happens alot during this book. About every so chapter, Anna would have a flashback of her memory, and I'm not saying the memory would make everything in this book clear. Every memory gives us a hint more about her past life. In other words, you must be patient.

4.Do you enjoy a good original plot, that may or not be a bit weird? I admit that the plot was very weird, but at least it was original. By the end, I still didn't know everything. I didn't really care.

5.Do you enjoy a single book over a series? I wouldn't necessarily say I prefer a single book over a series, but lately, every book I have read is part of a series. It was nice to know when I closed this book, there was nothing else I had to wonder what possibly could happen in the next book. The ending was nice and clean...ergh, maybe not exactly.



If you like about a half of those things above, I think you would enjoy reading this book. It wasn't a perfect book by far, but for a debut, I think the author handled things nicely.

Overall, I loved the mysterious and confusing air of the book. The plot was original, though weird. This author deserves a gold medal for writing a wonderful debut, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!