So, today is my birthday.
What's a weird thing about birthdays is that the actual day doesn't feel any different than the last or I've never been especially excited about them. Probably the most exciting thing about them is the build-up to them. Anyways, going past the nostalgic stuff, in celebration of my birthday, I will be telling you 8 interesting facts about myself that you might or might not have known about me. I'm choosing 8 because I am not coming up with 17-the age I'm turning this year- facts about myself(I'm not nearly interesting enough), so I'm choosing 8 since that's the day of the month I was born on. Don't mind that incredibly long run-on sentence...I'm allowed to do that on my birthday.
1. I am a fantasy nut. This is a very general statement about myself, but I find it fitting 'cause books.
But I want to extend this statement to movies as well-I love watching movies in fantasy lands too. Bookish fantasy lands will always be better though. Books are better than movies!
2. I used to have really, really long hair when I was younger. Yes, the weird facts will be appearing in...3...2...1. I had long hair( to my waist) until the summer before 7th grade when I cut it off pixie-short. Another quick fact: the day I cut it all off, I cried, because that is how much I loved my hair.
3. I have a life-long dream to travel around the world. This is such a common "bucket list" type of thing, but I honestly do want to see the whole world. The longest vacation I was ever on was a week-long trip to Texas in third grade; obviously, I hope my vacations in the future will be better. I just really, really want to see what the world has to offer.
4. I have a twin sister. I've talked about having a twin sister every now and then over the years, but this is the first time I've ever talked about it on the blog. Well now you know for sure! She's also my awesome best friend-I would actually pick the title of "best friend" before "sister." Is that weird?
5. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. Winter is a really close second, but autumn beats it by a bit. It's such a gorgeous season, with all the brilliant-colored leaves on the ground. It's also my favorite season temperature-wise; perfect time to break out the boots and coats!
6. I'm a night owl. Enough said.
7. I also happen to love chocolate. I have a horrible sweet tooth in general...cakes, donuts, whatever. Candy is my next best friend in the planet though. I don't think I could live without chocolate.
8. I love Yorkshire terriers. I have grown up surrounded by Yorkshire terriers, and they have definitely made me love their adorable ways. I have my own dog named Dahlia, and she's a sweetie(but one of the shyest dogs I've encountered in my days).
(See, they are adorable.)
Whoo, that was more difficult than it looks! This is why I hate talking about myself.
Of course, what would be a celebration without a giveaway?
In honor of my birthday, I want to giveaway a highly-coveted ARC of this year: The Wrath and the Dawn. I read it and really, really enjoyed it, so I'm sharing my ARC! Please read my giveaway rules before entering this giveaway! Should I mention that my ARC is "signed" too?
a Rafflecopter giveaway