Sunday, March 1, 2015

What February Brought


Whoo, I'm writing this post a little later than I wanted to. Therefore I'm making a late night post! February seemed to be a busy month for me. Obviously, it was exciting too, because I got a gorgeous new blog design and it was my birthday month. I also entered a writing contest, and if I win I'll be able to travel to Washington D.C. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I'll win. I know I will be really, really depressed if I don't get it, because I loved writing the essay and I loved how the essay turned out so my hopes are incredibly high(which is unusual for me). I'm impatiently waiting for them to pick the winners. Other school stuff got in the way and I watched too many tv shows and I also got sick, resulting in only two books read this month "cries" The good news is that they were two highly epic books.


Here's what I read:
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh(The romance was very swoon worthy. You can check out my thoughts here.)
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier(All I can say is MY FEELS. I'm reading the second book right now, and I love it even more "flails" My review is here.)

Total pages read: 932

DNFs:
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta(I am 100% sure that I'll be returning to this, but for some reason I put it down and I didn't pick it up again. So now I have to classify it as a DNF. It wasn't the book's fault; it was as beautiful as the first two books, but I sometimes I get bored staying in the same world-that's the only good reason I can give.)

Here's what I received(physical books only):
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard(Won from the author herself via twitter. The hardcover is simply beautiful.)
Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier(Bought via Amazon. As soon as I started loving Daughter of the Forest, I bought the second book, since I knew I would have to read it right after finishing the first book.)
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios(Bought via Amazon)
Fables Vol 1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham(Bought via Amazon. I was recommended this, so I bought it on a whim, as I'm trying to get into graphic novels.)
A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab(Bought via Amazon. Yesssss, I've been waiting forever, and it feels unreal that it's finally in my hands.)
Shutter by Courtney Alameda(Won from YA Highway)

Here's what I watched:
I'm still watching a few of the tv shows from last month, and I won't include those. If you're curious, check out my January recap.
Fool's Love(Oh gosh, he's adorable.)

Blood
(I'm iffy about continuing this because I'm not usually a fan of serious kdramas, but the main lead is hot so I'm giving it a try.)
I started several other kdramas, but I mostly only ended up watching the first couple episodes.
Galavant(I binged this and I need moreeeee.)
Sleepy Hollow(I really enjoyed the first few episodes, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to keep watching it.)
Obvious Child(She was so freakin hilarious. I died a couple times laughing.)

Here's what I listened to:
Galavant(Since I can't keep watching it, I'll have to make do with listening to the soundtrack on repeat.)
Miike Snow(I've been a fan of theirs ever since my older sister introduced their music to me, but lately I've been listening alot to their songs.)
Phosphorescent(I didn't love his music at first, but of course I'm obsessed now.)
Bryce Vine(My brother played Sour Patch Kids this month randomly, and I ended up loving his whole album. His songs make me so happy!)

2 comments:

  1. Nice wrap up Kierra. I can't wait to read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. They sound and look so good :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo about Quintana! But I do get what you mean, plus the books are very dense and heavy so a break might definitely help :)

    Ooo I've been meaning to watch Galavant soon! Glad to hear you liked it so much :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!