Friday, July 5, 2013

Indelible: Review


Indelible (The Twixt, #1)Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.

Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.

Somewhere between reality and myth lies…

THE TWIXT









Utterly original and complex, Indelible will with undeniably leave you turning pages faster than saying OMG.

I debated giving Indelible a full 4 stars, because I did really like the plot and the originality. However, some parts bored me for some reason, so I stuck with giving it a 3.5 stars.

The first thing that comes to mind when I was reading Indelible was this:




Reading this book made me feel like I was losing my mind, hence The Pixies song. It was just so crazy and good thrown together.

Joy, our main character, is your average girl, but you will soon realize that she has the Sight, which allows her to see things normal people wouldn't see. For example, she can see Scribes(, which you will learn about that later) and other crazy things.

I really liked Joy. She was reasonably smart, caring, and she was written like a real girl. She had your normal teenage problems. She had family problems. She was real. At times, she seemed a bit too reckless, but I find that most characters are way to reckless, so I'm letting that go.

Ink, our love interest, was definitely interesting. He is a Scribe, someone who gives tattoos in a way. He is not human by any means. He was pretty much crafted and made by his sister Inq, who I probably will talk about later. Okay, moving on to Ink. You first meet him at the carousel, and he pretty much tries to cut out Joy's eyes. Yeah, not off to a good start. I don't quite know what to say about Ink's character itself. I never really liked him or hated him in the book. I think that is mainly because how the author writes. I just kind of felt disconnected from most of the characters.( It is told in third-person, I think.)

Inq, Ink's sister, is not someone I trusted in this book. She felt waayyy to reckless, and even if she liked humans, she only liked them as toys it seemed. Hence, the reason why I don't like her. The only thing/person she seemed to actually care for was Ink. Inq just didn't seem to care for Joy any more you would care for a doll.

The originality is what I loved. It was very intriguing how different this book was than most other books. However, at times I just could not keep up with some of the insane things. But otherwise, I loved it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It bored me at times, even with the great plot. The characters seemed a bit disconnected to me, mainly because it was told in third-person. The romance was okay, just not something memorable.

You will enjoy this book if you enjoy any type of action book with a side of cute romance.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty close to the top of my TBR pile. Happy to see that you enjoyed it for the most part. I'm very curious about The Pixies reference :-)

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for this book and it sounds so interesting! Hope I enjoy it as much as you! Great review :)

    ~Taherah @Books As You Know It

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!